
Lexie and I attended the funeral of my Dad's Aunt on Saturday. We spent most of the day with Grandma and Grandpa. As we were at the cemetary, my Dad was showing Lexie the headstones of his family members including his own brother that had died as a still born baby. My Dad was a pall bearer and he also dedicated the grave. It was nice for Lexie to see the process, she had a lot of questions and was a little nervous about an open casket, she went with the flow and she learned a lot. It was a beautiful day and I am especially glad for the one on one Lexie was able to share with both of my parents.



3 comments:
You take the best photos! LOVE the one with Lex and your Dad. That is precious. Zack is quite the handsome boy in his graduation photo as well! I can't believe you have a 7th grader!
Tara B.
Your Lexi is so darn cute. I love pictures with grandparents being personable with grandkids. I only have one with my gramps and I, and I cherish it. Good job on getting that picture.
That is so neat! Those are such tender moments and so memorable when there is someone like a loving grandparent there to help you understand. I can't get over how much Lexi looks like her mommy the older she gets! She is so cute! Congrats to the big 7th grader too!
Post a Comment