
When you are an eight year old boy, the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Race is a BIG deal. Carson has watched Zach the last couple of years with great anticipation to the day he would get to one day build and race his own car. This was Carson's big year he was finally eight and could do his own car. He had design ideas, paint ideas, and a dad who was eager to help. They cut, painted and perfected this pinewood derby car. It came down to the last night and some last minute tips from Trevor (a pinewood derby genius in his own right), and the car had an awesome night. Carson won every race he was in, and won first place overall. His car was also awarded "Sportiest" car. Carson handled this fame as I knew he would shyly, and quiet, but on the inside he couldn't have been happier. I am proud of Carson for the work he did on it, and the way he handled himself throughout the night. I love you Carson! It will be a pinewood derby night he will never forget.


5 comments:
Congratulations Carson!!! Great job on the paint. As a girl I always wanted to make and race a pinewood derby car. Maybe they should have Barbie Convertible races or something like that for girls.
Yay Carson! Way to go!
This was our first pinewood derby also. So much fun! His car was awesome! You guys are like the raingutter regada and pinewood derby building champs! :) Way to go Carson!
Man...Jonie you've got great kids. Carson is such a humble boy. I'm so glad he and Taylor are friends. He's a good influence. Congrats on the derby win. That was incredible! And thanks for the lunch adventure. It was its own fun, 'eh? :)
Tara B>
Yahoo for Carson!!! Um up until this point I don't know that I will ever have to do a pinewood derby car!
Post a Comment