Monday, July 7, 2008

Road Trip

Our family along with Kevin's parents met Kevin's brother Greg and his family four hours away one way. Greg had to travel five hours to make this reunion possible. So we definitely got the better end of the deal. We went up and back in one day and it was a long day in the car but we had a lot of fun with Greg's family and it was so good to see them.

We spent a lot of time at the park spinning, swinging, and visiting. While we were at the park a Basque festival was going on and they were having dancing and all kinds of different tough man contests it was fascinating to watch. I am a people watcher and could have watched that all day. They had to lift spheres that weighed 225 pounds up to their head and drop it and do it again and again. They chopped huge logs and a woman was the log chopper competing against her dad. You know I was cheering for my new woman friend.

I regained my swing jumping title from my nephew who beat me last summer. I know what you are thinking, I am extremely competitive, but it won't be too much longer that I can compete at this level so while I can there is no mercy.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like so much fun. Long car ride but worth it!

Amy said...

Looks like you've had a ton of fun this last week. The immigration thing sounded really neat.

Unknown said...

Too bad we do not know where this mysterious place is that is 4 hours away. A little more detail, please!
Also, why didn't Kevo get in on the rock tossing contest? I am sure he wanted to...
Glad Lexi is feeling, as we say is Utah, more betterer.

Lewis Family said...

Great pics! Looks like a fun time.

Fiddlefish said...

What a fun time! The tank wars look like an absolute BLAST. We get fireworks every year -- I'll have to have David add that to our 24th celebration. Glad Lex is feeling better. Oh! And I LOVED the Ellis Island reenactment. What a great way to teach.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Jonie, holy cow...you have been a maniac the past week or so. I read all your new posts and you have been crazy. So glad Lexie is okay...so scary...who knew??? You competetive...wow we need to do more competitions at scrapbook expo...with that kind of drive you could win the dance comp your self...who needs the monkey?
I am excited to get together friday...Hope you are okay to do that...let me know if things are too crazy right now for you!