Wednesday, May 20, 2009

15 Year Anniversary

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
15 Years together, "WOW!" This picture is our engagement picture, so many years ago, yet it feels like it just happened. I remember meeting Kevin at Ricks College for the first time, we were in the same ward and he was my home teacher. He was a return missionary. As a whole I had decided not to date RM's anymore because they were all marriage hungry, more than one experience of this. I had a plan I was going to graduate and go to Utah State afterwards.

Kevin and I went on our first date in December of my first semester, we went to a playoff football game in Pocatello we had so much fun and found that we had a great deal in common. A couple more dates before the Christmas Break, and another Date Dance with Kevin's competitor j/k Kevin he was never even in the running. I went home for Christmas break, and came back in January we had a few more dates and by the end of the month we were engaged. We were engaged before either of us had met each others families. We finished the school year in April and were married in May. We had both just started school so we had a long haul in front of us. We have accomplished so many milestones together.

We have three beautiful children, who are our world, and they know it. We are so proud of them. They each have such different distinct strengths and personalities.

I am proud of how far we have come and things we have done, and look forward to the things we have yet to do. We have had the odds against us by getting married so young, (Dr. Laura would have had a cow) but fifteen years later we are still going strong.

I love you Kevin!

15 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Happy Anniversary! 15 years! That's wonderful! I love the engagement picture by the way! Here's to many more together!

Fiddlefish said...

Congratulations!!!! Your engagement photo is amazing. You both look so young!

Wendy said...

I say phooey to Dr. Laura. When it's right, it's right. Congratulations on 15 years!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome together!

Tia said...

Congratulations!! You two have such a cute family!

Unknown said...

Thank heavens kevin married you and saved you from the fate of going to the U of U! I had heard the engagement story from Kevin and so it was nice to hear it from you. I hope that you have a wonderful anniversary.

Lewis Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a great couple.

Autumn said...

Congratulations!!! That picture is classic early 90's! Love it!

Shani said...

Congrats on 15 years!! The comment about Dr. Laura cracked me up, I love listening to her, can't say I always agree with her though.

I really do need to get your pages to you, sorry I'm such a slacker!!

dksoftley said...

Congrats. I remember this picture. I can't believe it was 15 years ago you got married !! I got my first and last speeding ticket on the way to your wedding :) hope you had a great day.

Natalie Thomas said...

Happy anniversary!
We're still a few years behind you.

Anonymous said...

Still totally crack up when I see that picture...hard to believe that you guys looked so so so young...not that you look old, just normal to me...but so funny still! Congrats on a huge milestone of 15 years.

Chelsea said...

WOW! Grown up versions of Lexi and Carson! Love it!

Congratulations!

Mike said...

1994 was the year the two of you began the rest of your lives together. Congradulations!! We need to see you as soon as possible. How can our lives get so busy that we never spend any time with each other. You are two of our very dearest friends. I'll call you soon. Your kids are growing like weeds. Nicole and the kids have settled in with us and are making lots of friends. See you soon. Mike and Julie

Erin said...

Congrats on your anniversary! 15 years, but your so young! :)