Friday, August 29, 2008

Carson


Carson turns nine today. You know the type of kids that count down everyday till their birthday for weeks before, that is NOT my Carson. He quietly waits for the day to approach, not a single mention of the big day at all. Oh he is excited he just does not need the drama or attention of counting down. He woke up today and met Kevin in the hall and started running from him to avoid his birthday spankings. Kevin was caught of guard but quickly caught on and started chasing him and did not take long until we were all running around the house after our birthday boy. He was finally caught and kissed and spanked nine times from all of us.

Top ten things I love about Carson!
10. I love his quiet nature
9. He is the peacemaker of our family, and quite often he sacrifices something he wants for the peace of another family member that did not deserve it
8. I love Carson's ears
7. He learns from others mistakes. Carson knows what Zach does to set mom off and he avoids it.
6. He has many friends at home and at school. He is very well liked.
5. He likes to stay home with me still
4. He loves to play games, any kind of game just like me
3. His favorite treat in the world is popcorn and he has it everyday
2. He takes care of his sister all the time he carries her backpack, he walks her to class, he is always watching out for her and he does this all on his own without being asked.
1. My favorite thing about Carson is that he has a contagious smile and laugh. When he is happy his whole face lights up and he makes you happy just by being around him.

I am so glad Carson is a part of our family. Happy Birthday Carson! I love you!

8 comments:

love2scrap88 said...

Hi Jonie! Your blog is awsome! Carson is getting so big - I love your list of things you love - you are such a great writer! I'm going to try and join you guys at the Scrapbook Expo again! ~Lisa Mortenson

Fiddlefish said...

Happy birthday Carson!!!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe he is 9 it seems like yesterday he was 5...times flies...I hope he has a fun birthday...and I don't think I knew that he and libs shared a birthday...how fun!

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Carson! Reading your list makes me know why Easton likes Carson so much...they are so much alike! He's a great kid!

Wendy said...

What a great list. Carson is such a great kid. Happy Birthday Carson!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Carson!! He was always such a great kid in primary. I can't believe that he's nine. What a good looking guy he's becoming.

Erin said...

You are such a cute mom, I bet he loved reading your blog

Tara said...

Hi Jonie! I am a total blog stalker and I ran across yours through Shani Cox's blog. It's fun to see your kids. I can't believe how much they have grown. You've done a great job on your blog! Take care! Tara Freeman