I went snowboarding for the first time yesterday. For having lived in Utah for most of my life, and Utah being known for its snow I could not wait to try it. It was for my birthday, my brothers and I to Brighton to snowboard under the fireworks. Other than starting my very first time on the intermediate hill, kind of important to know how to turn, how to stop, or how to tighten my own bindings. I could just go straight full throttle, or fall which there was a lot of. After a short break after my first run through, to catch my breath, and watch the fireworks, a worker suggested I go to the easier hill (some of you might call it the bunny hill) that was much shorter and I could learn the basics. I loved that bunny hill and after only a couple of times I could go without falling and without going full throttle. I could turn, stop, and tighten my own boots. I loved the ski lift, quiet, peaceful, and just long enough to catch my breath. I was even the last chair for the night. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
Now that it is a day later and every muscle in my body hurts. I will have to wait for the aches and pains to go away before I do it again.
My brothers Justin and Cody
Look at me "no hands"
Snowing while we were there
Fireworks on the Mountain
8 comments:
Oh my heck Jonie...I went once before I got married...at night also...which I thought was harder because of the ice issues ones the snow freezes...but I thought it was fun but you are right every muscle in your body does hurt and I think I actually broke my tail bone because I felt like an 80 year old woman for about 3 months.
That is awesome...and you brothers look like a ton of fun!
I'm so impressed with you! I called you while you were gone and I thought you were cool for going snowboarding. I've never been, I love to ski, it's one of my favorite things ever! We'll have to go together sometime (next year though). I love the picture of the chili and hot cocoa, nothing tastes better when you've been out in the cold working up a good appetite! mmmm.
I used to love snowboarding. My knee won't allow that kind of abuse now though =)
Hope you have a GREAT Christmas!
I'm so very proud of you. I don't think you could pay me to try it. Especially since I absolutely KNOW that I'd pay for it with every move of the body for days on end afterward! Good job!
Wow! That sounds like fun. I've always been scared to try. I'm scared of blowing my knees out or something. Maybe I'll try. If Jonie can, I can. Right?
Hey I want your bread recipe!! I can't even walk without falling ;)
I love the picture of the chili. YUMMY
SO glad you went and had so much fun...happy birthday. I felt so stupid calling that night and calling Zach you. I hope you had a great day, sorry I wasn't there at church to personally tell you. thanks for holding down the fort.
Jonie, you rock! I like to snowboard. I like to ski too. We should go sometime. I like brighton, and sundance! Happy Brithday.
Post a Comment