I loved roller skating as a child, but as an adult Kevin and I have been only once when we were newly married. That was 14 years ago. Last night was fun, and it is always nice to show your kids that you can do things they didn't think you can do. We played all their skating games, including a game called wipe out which is like the word implies you wipe out, crashing on purpose I do not recommend. Lexie struggled at the beginning and by the end she was really getting the hang of it. What was intended to last for just an hour turned out to be 2 1/2 hours later.




11 comments:
AWESOME! I have some great memories of that place from when I was a kid. So fun that you went as a family. I bet they'll remember that for a long time.
You rock! How fun. We had a skating rink in my hometown and would go all the time, but my parents never skated. Your kids will remember this for a long time.
How fun!!!! My absolute favorite was doing limbo where you have to flatten out like a pancake to fit under a bamboo pole without falling or touching the ground.
Tara
I was so shocked last year when Nate couldn't get a grasp on roller skating. I did it ALL the time, too, growing up and didn't remember it being so hard. We will have to give in another shot though.
Awesome! I used to go to the skating rink in Wellington ALL the time as a kid. In fact I had my very own pair of Disney roller skates which I've passed down to my daughter now. I LOVE rollerskating!!
so much fun!! What a great family night, way to go Zack on planning it. Good ole classic brings back so many Jr. High memories. I'm glad you all had fun, and how brave are you to play wipeout, I would die!
How fun...I totally love skating...it is def a favorite past time of mine. My friends and I went to classic all the time for the disco skating...we would dress up and everything...what a blast!
JOnie, I can't copy the football pics, could you email them to me some time natellijohnston@hotmail.com
That looks like so much fun. I can't wait to do family stuff like that when my kids are older. I hope you can get into my blog. I heard you were having trouble since I went private.
FUN! You are great at doing fun things with your kids!
Hey did you get my invite?
You are an awesome mom. I need to take my kids and do things like that more.
Post a Comment