Saturday, September 27, 2008

Incredible

If I had to describe the Women's Broadcast in one word it would be incredible. I loved each and every speaker. Sister Beck is amazing and I love her. She has a conquer the world attitude that is contagious. She makes you proud to be a woman and to be a part of Relief Society. She says we haven't even begun to accomplish the things we can do with Relief Society. I felt Sister Beck's love for me and for all of us.

President Uchtdorf talked about how many of us feel inadequate and seem to always fall short. I felt like he was talking straight to me. I felt the spirit so strong as he shared the message that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that he cares about me personally and the trials I am going through.

President Uchtdorf also talked alot about service and how service to others brings us blessings, and the biggest blessing can be that we recognize that others might have it worse than us. He said that many times we are the answer to another's prayer. He called it an instrument in God's hands and that many prayers are answered this way. I want to be the answer to someone's prayer. I know many people have been answers to my prayers.

I left the meeting excited and extremely motivated to do better and be better. I can only hope that the feeling will last.

6 comments:

Amy Jones said...

For the record, Jonie, I believe you've already had a great start in being answers to others' prayers...you're an incredible, talented, caring person and you have an amazing knack for making others feel genuinely loved...something EVERYONE needs!

Fiddlefish said...

How can it not last, Jonie? It is already part of YOU. You already have that in place in your life. There isn't a day that goes by where you aren't helping, calling, or lifting somebody. I don't know how you manage it all and still keep a beautiful, clean house!

Tara

Teri said...

You've been an answer to my prayers a few times! Thanks for the run down of womens conf. I missed it!
Love ya!

Aubri n Scott said...

I have do dito everything Amy said. YOu are great!

Anonymous said...

Jonie you def are an example to me of a wonderful mom, wife and Friend...I am so sad that I missed the broadcast. I will have to see if I can find it on t.v. If you know when it is supposed to be let me know k!

Wendy said...

I have to agree with you - it was an awesome meeting. I love listening to Pres. Uchtdorf.

Jonie, you're amazing. I know you were my VT for a reason. You are such an incredible example and you taught me a lot.