Thursday, September 4, 2008

Brace Face

The day has arrived that Zach needed to get braces. So Zach will be sporting the Brace Face for next 12 to 18 months. Any secrets I should know about to help him the next couple of days or foods I should buy would be greatly appreciated.



12 comments:

Autumn said...

Poor guy!! I used to work for an Orthodontist...I suggest advil, soft foods, and drinking out of a straw...nothing hurts worse than knocking your teeth on the edge of a glass!!

Lindsay said...

I had braces. I remember not wanting to eat for a couple days. It just hurt to bad. Yogert and bananas is what I lived on.

Jodi Jo said...

I was such a brat the day that I got braces on!! I remember actually slamming the food cabinets at our house because I could find nothing to eat. Autumn had the best advice. Good luck. Hopefully he is more calm than I was.

Fiddlefish said...

He sports 'em well! I never had them, so no words of advice (sorry). He'll be glad he got them, though! I wish I'd had some at that age.

Tara

Unknown said...

corn on the cob, taffy, lots of chewing gum, caramel apples, things like that work really well. It takes his mind off the pain.

Wendy said...

Before I got my braces on they had to widen my jaw - that hurt worse than the braces. The straw thing is a great idea. I lived on soup the first couple of days. Good luck to the both of you.

Aubri n Scott said...

Kylie HATED her braces, we would always stock up on yogurt, icecream and soft stuff before she had to have them tightened. If you think this is bad wait til he gets bands! I made her take advil every 6 hours keep on top of it though so the pain isn't horrible!
Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sorry I have to leave a link like this, but I did not see this story about Kevin on the blog and had to find out the hard way. Way to go Kevo! Check it ou, people!

http://www.inews3.com/topstory.php?id=4b6576696e7c536368616566666572

Lewis Family said...

He looks great! Eli had them a couple years ago but only across a few of his top teeth so he didn't have much pain. Autumn's advice sounds good.

Emily said...

If he only has to have them 12-18 months I will be jealous. I had them 3+ years!! But it is all worth it.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...I remember going to work (I had mine when I was 17) after I got my braces on and it was the worst...they really do hurt so bad...why do so many great things have to be so painful? Any way def pain reliever...IB Profin...uh is that the way you spell it...keep it on hand, helps with the pain and swelling with each tightening.

Chelsea said...

OH!! I can't believe that he is old enough for braces. Where did the time go? I hated braces. Just keep the Tylenol close by the first few days and I lived on yogurt and soft french fries. (teenagers!)