I love going to parades especially our own city parade. I love the overwhelming sense of community. I love the city we live in and proud to be a part of it. We enjoyed the childrens parade last night and are so proud of the kids and all the adults who took the time to make our wards float spectacular. The float looked incredible. I am proud of my boys for wanting to be a part of it, and for participating both days even though it was extremely hot. 
Our ward float took third place, Wooo Hooo, Yeah! We are so proud of you all.


Today as Kevin, Lexie, and I watched the morning parade we were sitting next to a large family group who had homemade signs with the number 10 on them. As each float or car went by the group would hold up their signs and scream and cheer that they were in fact a "10" in their eyes. To watch the float participants as they passed by these signs their countenances would change and they would smile not just a little smile, a huge smile that lit up their eyes. It changed the ones watching that were all around them, there excitement for the parade was contagious. Some of the floats were not the best I had ever seen, but I was amazed over and over at the reaction of the participants. The float participants did not know that they gave every single float that passed by a "10" they just appreciated the cheers and that someone appreciated their efforts to do the best float they could. The kids loved it, the bands loved it, and our little family loved just being next to them. It makes you want to be better just for having been around them. After the parade Kevin and I thanked them over and over for what they did for the participants. They said we have been there and we know they need the boost, and we enjoy it just as much as they do. We also could not help but notice that it definitely increases the candy load when you score every float and car and participant a "10" and we definitely benefited from that as well. It was a lot of fun. I learned a lot from this experience and hope that in the future we can be this kind of example of christ-like love.



11 comments:
Hey Jonie,
You're wards float is way cute, they deserved a '10'! We were really lazy this morning and didn't even bother getting up to go to the parade. We should be packing but the whole idea is just too overwhelming and depressing so it just keeps getting put off.
I bet the rodeo was alot of fun too, Stetson tried talking us into going but we already had other plans.
I am so sad we missed all the Lehi activities this year. I always look forward to everything that goes on. The float looks great and I looks like you had fun watching the parades.
AHHH, that is nice of them. We should have sat by them too because Graham got shafted on the candy.
how fun, we missed all of that this year :(
I was excited to see our float did so good! That is so much fun! I didn't go last night, we took the kids to Wall E very cute! I loved the yellow submarine! Of Course I am a BEATLES Fan, so go figure!
Our ward float was AWESOME this year! Loved it! What sweet people you sat by...we should all try to be more like that! ...we love the Rodeo too. Sad we missed it this year especially since the Motorcycle man was back! Easton STILL talks about how much he loved that! So funny!
I LOVED this post. It puts things into perspective so well. While we usually live in a pesimistic world, it is so wonderful to be and to be reminded to be apart of the "builders" and optimistic group. Great way to get more candy too!
Way to go CV 2nd ward! the float rocks! Thanks for taking all of the pictures. I LOVE parades and didn't get to go this year. I'm a big yeller and screamer and waver. Love it love it love it. I love the idea of the "10" signs. I may have to high jack that idea.
That float is adoarble. I feel like in this area, if you have a new truck or a crash up car you are part of the parade...People have really gotten out of the float making here and it makes me sad because that is one of the funnest parts of watching a parade, but I am with you I love parades and all the fun stuff that comes with it.
I must be a little emotional today...I totally teared up reading about the "10" people. I really wish I was that kind of person in all aspects of my life. I think we could all benefit from feeling like we score a 10 in being a mom, house-cleaning, cooking, friendship, etc. Wouldn't that be fun? :)
W-O-W. The ward float was AMAZING!!! You got some fantastic photos. They should have you make a bulletin board in the ward. Thanks for sharing.
Tara B.
Post a Comment