Today the unthinkable happened and the main diamond on my wedding ring disappeared. I am still so shocked that I haven't even cried (I know some of you are shocked by the not crying part I have for sure shed tears over lesser things). The kids had the day off, and Kevin took off early so we could enjoy this day together. The kids had a vote at lunch as to how we would spend the day, and after a debate of pros and cons we ended up at the Nickelcade (I didn't vote, just for the record). We spent hours there and played and played and played. It is amazing how long $15.00 will last when you are playing games that only take nickels. I played right along with the kids (my ooowww so attractive competitive side always comes out in true form in this kind of atmosphere).
Kevin met us there so we drove away in two cars. As we neared the freeway on ramp, I noticed my diamond was gone. I gave Kevin the hand signal to pull over and no it was not that hand signal. We both pulled over and I showed him my missing diamond. I immediately went back to the Nickelcade to see if I could find a beautiful shining diamond among so much filth. The older lady who worked there just gasped when I told her my predicament. She felt bad for me and took my name and number in case a miracle happened. We both looked at each other both knowing it was pretty much a lost cause. Lexie said a prayer anyway and got on all fours casing down the joint. Bless her heart.
I left the Nickelcade empty handed and sick to my stomach.
Now I ask all readers of this blog how long should a diamond ring last? I guess it wasn't the diamond that didn't last the test of time it was the metal under the diamond that just wore out. I never took that ring off. I slept with it on, showered with it on, did dishes with it on. I guess it is a wonder that it lasted this long.
It is not the money value that makes me so sad, it is the fact that Kevin picked out my ring all by himself, he did a great job, and I have loved this ring (oh great here come the tears, you knew they would).
For now, I am going to take a deep breath be grateful for how long it lasted, and hold out for a twinge of hope that it could still be found.
17 comments:
I'm so sorry! I'll pray that you find it too! Sorry again. I feel terrible.
I'm so sorry! I'll pray that you find it too! Sorry again. I feel terrible.
Oh man, that is horrible! I am so sorry!!
That's too bad. I hope it turns up and soon!
BUMMER! Seriously, one of my greatest fears is to look down and not see my diamond there anymore (for sentimental reasons of course). Mine did come loose once and I could hear it jiggling in its setting and I had to hurry and get it fixed. You are a trooper though sleeping and showering with it. A real die hard. We'll keep your ring in our prayers.
Oh how awful! I have lost a stone once, in my mothers ring. It was a very sickening thing to relize. I hope you find it.
Jonie,
I can only echo what everyone else has said! I am so sorry! We'll keep you in our prayers too!
I'm so sorry Jonie!! I don't know what I would do. You never know maybe someone will find it... :(
Okay Jonie I will be the optimist in this situation! Just think now you can replace it with a bigger diamond!!:) You never know maybe it will turn up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I also sleep shower and do dishes with my ring on. Maybe I better get my setting looked at. Good luck.
Thats an awful feeling I am sorry!!
Aww! That sucks! I hope you find it! When we got my diamond placed in my ring (Damon decided that the one I originally chose was too small.) they actually told us to get the prongs checked every year. And to not wear it all the time for things like sleeping and doing the dishes ;D. I can imagine how you feel. I felt horrible when I lost a very small diamond off a ring that isn't even my wedding ring. So that multiplied by a 100... I'll pray for ya too!
I am sorry to hear that!!!
Man, whoever finds it at Nicklecade is really going to hit the JACKPOT!!...and for only $15!! Hopefully it is found and someone is honest enough to turn it in. I already told Kevin 15 yrs is coming up, he better start looking! Let's really hope that all the prayers are answered, let it be found!
Hi Jonie, Great party last night. It was so stinkin fun. My blog is thebillingsfam.blogspot.com. I have links to Goldings, Amanda (Golding) Miller, Shayla, Chelsea, etc. I love your blog and I will for sure check it all the time. Make sure you put on your calendar March 27th to come to our house to party.
P.S. I am very sad about your ring. I hope some sort of miracle happens for you.
Jonie since we have gone private, we still want to see and share blogs, so please send your e-mail address to me @ mikebeagley@yahoo.com
thanks love mike and julie
Huge huge bummer, I can't believe it! That is so sad...I hope that by some chance it may be found by an honest person. I am the same though, I wear mine non stop which is why it looks the way it does. I'll say a prayer too...sweet little lexie...and I laughed out loud at the finger gestures...ha!
Post a Comment