Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools Day


When I was growing up April Fools Day was a big deal, and my parents were always trying some new pranks on us. This year Kevin and I decided to surprise our kids with a few pranks of our own.

We baricaded their doorways with crepe paper and then filled between the crepe paper and the door with small balloons. I was in charge of crepe paper and Kevin was in charge of the what seemed like a million small balloons, I got the better end for sure. Zach knew right away that it was April Fools Day, but Carson did not know what to think. It was funny to watch their reactions. Kevin bought a new cereal for the kids to try and left it out so that they would see it, that should have been a clue right then and there, especially since they had already been pranked once that morning already.

None of them suspected a thing (I am re-evaluating their intelligence). Kevin had previously opened the cereal from the bottom and replaced the cereal with a new kind of square pretzels. Zach was not happy with being punked again so soon (propably re-evaluating his own intelligence). The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, going to gear up for next year and try some new things.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Those ideas are so creative! We didn't do anything! Can I borrow some of your ideas for next year?

Teri said...

You guys are so funny! I love the cereal idea! too funny! You guys are fun parents