Saturday was a beautiful day for February and I decided to join Zach on a trip up to Sundance to go Snowboarding, or skiing. I decided I would ski, after all I had taken two lessons and best of all I had found skiis and boots at a yard sale this past summer ($5 for the whole set). No rental for me... I had borrowed my sister-in-laws snowboard just in case the ski thing did not work out. Kevin did not like the idea of yard sale skiis and my inexperience heading up the mountain, but I assured him I was fine remember the lessons I told him. It really was beautiful weather for night skiing and all was good. Even skipped the bunny hill with toe rope, I was more advanced than that. About forty feet into our first hill I sat back a little too far and somehow ended up laying on my back with my knees totally bent and I could not get back up (we did not practice this scenario in the lessons) and I could not undo my feet. Zach had to back track UP the hill to save his Mom. I am sure he was thrilled he did not go with friends. Zach and I undid my boot and I stood up and I snapped my boot back in the binding and the binding broke. I was at the top of the hill, GOOD GRIEF. I take the skiis off and undid the tightness of the boots for the long walk down. A guy stopped and insisted on taking the skiis down for me, after I had walked halfway mind you. When the guy got to the bottom he sent the snowmobile first aide crew to save me, GOOD GRIEF!!! I told the snowmobile first aide guy, I am fine! I broke a binding I was not hurt. His response to me was "Get On Already" so I rode the snowmobile down and Zach and my brother were at the bottom. I told them I was going to switch now to snowboarding after I made my phone call to Kevin that I had just rode the snowmobile down the mountain, and what I should do now. Kevin is all concerned until I tell him the whole story, and then he can't stop saying how he told me so. Yard sale skiis need to be checked out by a professional or something like that. So glad that I took an alternative so I had options and the night was not ruined. Also glad that I did not get hurt, just a little hit to my pride from making such a scene. I think there are a couple morals to the story. First moral, two ski lessons does not make one a great skiier. Second moral, $5 skiis are not a great deal necessarily. On the plus side I really improved on snowboarding and I am starting to walk four days later without wincing from being so sore.


My Brother Cody

Zach and Cody
4 comments:
I am laughing out loud - This is why I DO NOT ski. I know I'd be the one to ski into a tree and die. Oh and I better tell Ben to get his DI skis checked! :-)
Hahahahaha! You know I'll be making fun of you for this :) I thought the ski's looked fine when we got them this summer, I guess you get what you pay for!!
So glad to hear from you again and so glad you lived to laugh about your fun times.
LOL, you're an awesome Mom for even going on such an adventure. You will never see me on the side of a mountain!
Post a Comment