Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween


Carson as Darth Vader with deep breathing mask and light saber


Lexie as a Snow Princess but many people thought she was Princess Leia from Star Wars because of Carson's costume (a princess is a princess)


My kids are growing up and as a result Zach is getting too old to trick or treat. I was way more sad than he was about the whole thing. He hung out with friends and did the teenager thing. Earlier in the week he even went to his first haunted house, and loved it.

I cannot tell you how nice it was to see kids running up and down the street trick or treating like it is supposed to be. I could enjoy and really look at each child that came to my house, and we had a lot of them. Carson and Lexie had a great time. We finished the night visiting at my Grandpa Kay's house.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that the weather this year was exceptionally mild and it allowed more kids to trick or treat longer. I grew up where it was warmer and was not used to this midnorthern Utah coolness where the kids have to wear sweatpants and coats over/under their costumes. Tbanks you for the nice weather! Lexi looks adorable, as usual.

Chelsea said...

Cute!! Little Lexi sure is getting big! Sad that Zach is too big now.

Anonymous said...

So fun...I love the funny picture of them...they are so cute! I was cracking up about Zach being too old to trick or treat and that you were more sad than him...because I could totally imagin my self being the same way!
I love Lexi's costume...I saw of few of those this year and I was thinking that would be a great dress up after wards...so fun!

Wendy said...

Cute costumes. If you hadn't told me what Lexi's costume was I would have thought she was Princess Leia.

Autumn said...

Love the costumes! I am with you...trick or treating around the neighborhood was so much fun!!

Erin said...

Your kids look great! Thanks for letting us trick or treat at your house! My kids love Halloween and they love going house to house. I myself prefer the trunk or treat and just a little bit around the neighborhood. But we ended on a high note....lots of candy!!!

Melissa said...

You have a teeneager? Are you sure you are old enough. That is crazy how time flies. Cute costumes.

Lehi Santa said...

Jonie - check out Brandon's new adventure this season

lehisanta.blogspot.com