Monday, January 28, 2008

Hawaii Trip


Kevin and I went on a trip to Hawaii in January. The weather alone was incredible 80 degrees for a high. We left Utah when it was snowing and we returned to Utah when it was snowing UGHHHH!

Hawaii was very relaxing for Kevin and I and a great opportunity for us to spend time together without the kids. Thank you Grandma Judy and Aunt Jeannie for taking care of the kids and holding down the fort.

Kevin and I loved learning about the Hawaiian culture by experiencing the Polynesian Cultural Center, making our own Leis, learning to play the ukulele, snorkeling, and body surfing. The food and Polynesian dancing was incredible. Kevin liked the Hawaiians philosophy "We don't eat till we are full, we eat till we're dizzy!"

I liked how the Hawaiians refer to everyone as family, even tourists. We enjoyed the beach, sunsets on the ocean, spending time with great friends, and just hangin' loose in a hammock with the one you love.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love your blogspot, you are so good at keeping up to date! I`m jealous of your Hawaii trip, my favorite picture is of your feet in the hammock, we`ll have to take one of those too! We are planning on April of 2009 for our first Hawaii experience, can`t wait!